When we first began working on Microscopes and Machines we were driven to create a truly meaningful cannabis conference, one that united people around a shared focus on the healing potential of the plant, not just its profit potential.
This past Saturday was the realization of the cannabis nerd conference of our dreams, a living demonstration of what collaboration and connection can look like and mean, particularly at this early stage of the industry.
While the conference may be over, our mission to be dope to one other continues, and in that spirit we wanted to send a thank you note to everyone who played a part in making this conference a reality.
– Thank you to everyone who attended; without exaggeration you’re the reason this conference existed at all. People came from near and far (we talked to multiple attendees who traveled from across the country) to contribute their own expertise and energy and we were inspired by the turnout. Thank you.
– Thank you to our speakers. We were humbled to have some of the most highly-regarded thinkers, practitioners, and inventors in hemp and cannabis (and psychedelics) join us. We wanted to give our speakers a chance to go beyond their “usual” conference material and instead think more broadly and share their vision for the future and they all responded with incredible power and wisdom. Thank you.
– Thank you to our sponsors. Each of our sponsors provided much more than a name and a logo, they provided their own expertise and even their own resources to help make this conference truly truly memorable and meaningful. Thank you.
– A very special thank you to Inclusive Cannabis for being such a strong support as our production partner, your team played a pivotal role in bringing this vision to life. We are so grateful to you. Thank you.
– Thank you to the community. The cannabis industry shouldn’t operate in a vacuum, which is why we chose to hold our event in downtown Los Angeles, and why we’re donating proceeds to The Giving Spirit. We encourage you to connect with them and consider volunteering and/or donating to The Giving Spirit as part of your own corporate social responsibility programs. Thank you.
– Thank you to the comedians that kicked off the Vibratorium after party and elevated all the vibes with laughter, Kalea McNeill, Rachel “Wolfie” Wolfson, Sara Weinshenk, and Justin Martindale, thank you. To the musicians, Courtney Lemmon & Friends, you rocked it. Our gratitude to you for an epic set and awesome cover of “Hey Jude” to close out the Vibratorium. Thank you.
– Thank you to everyone. From the artists doing live installations, Asia Taber and 3C Farms, your cannabis kaleidoscope and water immersed cannabis centerpieces were truly inspired & Linzy Miggantz your live cannabis painting brought much heart and beauty to our day. To the chefs who prepared our delicious vegan food, lunch by Leaf Over Beef and an Ayurvedic Indian dinner by Ayur Ras, thank you. And to the staff that helped ensure we had such a beautiful place to gather in and beyond, so many people came together to make this happen. Thank you to you all.
While the first Microscopes & Machines may be over, we’re carrying the knowledge and energy we gained from the conference forward with us, and we hope you are too. Over the next months we’ll be hard at work crafting our next venture, and will be posting content from the conference for you to revisit and reference in the days to come. Stay tuned to our Instagram channel for those updates and once again – thank you.
Be Dope To One Another.
With love & gratitude,
A Dope Conference Company